[RE-wrenches] Modules Supported only at Short End

swingjunkie swingjunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:23:35 PDT 2009

Hello Wrenches,

Typical PV modules installation instructions show modules being
supported with two supports each spaced 25% of module length in from
the short edge of the module.  I'm looking for information on PV
modules which can be supported on a mounting structure using only the
short edge of the module for the support, so the full length of the
module is spanning the distance between the support structure.  I've
heard some module manufacurers warrant this installation, and some do
not.  If you have specifics as to which modules DO or DO NOT support
this mounting method that would be a help.

With Regards
Carl Adams
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
NABCEP Certified Solar Thermal Installer
SunRock Solar
Cincinnati, Ohio
513.766.6025
www.sunrocksolar.com