[RE-wrenches] Wind Lift on ETC round tubes

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Mon Sep 14 08:32:55 PDT 2009

Does anyone have wind lift data for round tube evacuated SHW collectors
mounted flush to a roof?

We are looking at installing  [5] - 30 tube APRICUS collectors in a row.
APRICUS has models for  the rack installations but not for flush to roof
installations. The 3 second wind burst is 90 MPH.

We are trying to figure out the lift using S-5 clips on a folded standing
seam roof and most of the computer models work with a flat plate collector.

What we are getting is that the models show actually downward pressure and
drag forces to the side and no lift at all.

Thanks in advance.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

"I'd put my money on solar energy. I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and
coal run out before we tackle that."

-Thomas Edison, in conversation with Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone, March
1931