[RE-wrenches] AC coupling induction generators (was Solar and pumped hydro)

Phil Schneider phil at creativeenergies.biz
Tue Aug 25 16:16:52 PDT 2009

Jay mentions a topic that I've had a question about.  Has anybody AC-coupled
an induction generator (wind or hydro) with a conventional battery based
inverter?  On the surface it seems that it would work fine as long as there
were appropriate means included in the design to avoid over-charging the
battery.  Maybe one of you off-grid hydro Wrenches has done this.  Thanks
for any insights...
Phil