[RE-wrenches] Solectria USA

Kirk Herander, VSE kirk at vtsolar.com
Mon Jun 1 08:37:54 PDT 2009

From: Kirk Herander, VSE [mailto:kirk at vtsolar.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:05 PM
To: 'Doug Pratt'
Subject: RE: [RE-wrenches] Solectria USA

Doug,

Here is the text of a letter I requested and received from the prez of
Solectria to verify "US made" for a 160kw system I recently designed (I did
spec the larger inverters, but they did not know what size I was interested
in):

"Solectria Renewables is a premier manufacturer of grid-tied photovoltaic
electronic inverters for use in renewable energy applications; primarily
utility, commercial and residential systems. We employ all of our
manufacturing and administrative personnel in our Lawrence, Massachusetts
factory.

Quality American manufacturing is a tradition that our employees are proud
to follow.

100% of our three-phase central inverters, our integrated panel assemblies
and our auxiliary components are assembled by American workers onsite at our
factory.

We at Solectria Renewables try to use only the best American-based raw
materials and domestically sourced subassemblies.  We purchase nearly 50% of
our components from Massachusetts manufacturers and another 30% from US
suppliers.

Solectria Renewables is proud to carry the badge of "Made in USA"."

----------

It makes no mention of any size inverter being made outside the USA, but now
I see how the wording danced around full disclosure. Thanks for the
clarification Solectria did not provide.

Kirk Herander

Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202

NABCEP(tm) Certified Solar Installer