[RE-wrenches] [RE wrenches] Unconnected solar modules

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Wed Apr 1 14:55:38 PDT 2009

Hi Bill -

I'm adding this question to the wrenches list since it is technical in
nature.

I don't know about standard modules, but I've heard that it is not good to
leave SunPower modules sitting out in the sun without connecting them for
long periods of time. One of our installers who worked on a large SunPower
commercial installation said that they were instructed to ground the
positive lead of each module to a ground electrode until commissioning the
system.

I have contacted SunPower about this issue and I'm still waiting to hear an
official response.

Best,

August

August Goers