[RE-wrenches] Electronic tools

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sun Mar 1 14:50:30 PST 2009

Friends:

I don't believe a smart phone can run my 3D CAD software, nor can it store
the data I need.  We have a data driven operation and that data resides
100% on the office server.  If I can take that data to the field, I have a
distinct advantage over having to wait and access it later.

The most useful electronic tool for me is a notebook computer synchronized
to my client files and equipment data on the server.  I can look up product
brochures or manuals, client data, drawings and e-mails in the field.  I
bought a reconditioned HP which is kick touche powerful and very light.

The second most useful took is a Palm Pilot.  I can find sun angle, solve
trig problems, find correct wire size and solve sloped and flat roof
shading problems.  My favorite Palm applications are linked on our web site
at: http://millersolar.com/links/links.html

William Miller

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985