[RE-wrenches] Stand-Alone DC Relays?

Walt Ratterman wratterman at sunenergypower.com
Mon Feb 23 13:33:13 PST 2009

Hello,

In our off-grid systems in Africa, we have been using the AUX relay on the FX to perform an alarm function (instead of starting a generator that might not start.)   We use the GenAlert programming to energize and de-energize an alarm on two voltage settings.  (low battery, and recovered battery….)

We have some instances where we are trying to retrofit a similar alarm situation into an inverter system that has no programmable relays.

Any ideas as to what equipment we could use to take the place of the AUX contact on the FX?  WE can deal with either wet or dry contacts, but the tricky part is being able to set the voltage on and off points.  We are dealing with both 48V and 24VDC systems.

Thanks,

Walt

Walt Ratterman

SunEnergy Power International

11 Laurel Lane South     Washougal, WA   98671

(360)-837-3680   ▪   fax (360)-837-1315   ▪   Skype  Walt-Mobile

 <mailto:wratterman at SunEPI.org> wratterman at SunEPI.org   ▪    <http://www.sunepi.org/> www.SunEPI.org