[RE-wrenches] Array Grounding Clips

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Tue Feb 17 16:34:04 PST 2009

There was a period when the news on the module to frame grouding clips said these were the best thing since sliced bread, then I thought I heard there was some long-term bonding concerns and UL or NEC may re-visit.   The two main brands are the UniRac in-house grounding clips and the Wiley Electronics WEEB grounding clips. There may be others.   The WEEB model line appreas to have more models and options, while the UniRac has a much lower cost.

Is the industry going this direction and away from bare copper?  Are these approved and OK to use now?   Which brands do you like?

Are most of you still using a lay-in rear ground lug and bare copper ground wire, or have you found a better way to ground modules that still meets code?

Thansk,

Jeff Yago