[RE-wrenches] dpw top of pole mount pipe problems

ryan at solar4maine.com ryan at solar4maine.com
Mon Feb 2 08:40:39 PST 2009

Wrenches i have a customer that wanted to install a dpw top of pole mount for 18 sharp 180 watt panels. he installed his own pipe and even after several reminders by me and a signed contract stating shcedule 80 8 inch steel pipe he installed a 8 inch cast iron water main.

My dilemma is this he claims to wave my liability in this install but he has been a very high maintnence customer and seems to forget everything we talk about or he signs. so would you go ahead with the install or is the cast iron going to shear off and the rack fall over?

financially i have met my obligations with the customer i can wave the labor cost and tell him to find someone else at this point if need be i dont want to be liable for spilling 18 panels on the ground and my insurance wouldnt cover it as we went against dpw's recomendations