[RE-wrenches] Fulmen batteries?

Jeff Lahl jefflahl at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 10:09:40 PST 2009

Wrenches,
We have an installation in Burundi, Central Africa that we need to get done in a hurry and may not be able to wait to ship batts from the US.  In looking for batteries in Africa, we've found a battery called "Fulmen" that I believe is made in France.  The model we're looking at is 2-volt, about 750ah.  We're hoping for help on the following:

1. Anyone used these and have comments?
2. Anyone at least seen them and have an opinion?
3. Know where to find specs? ( I didn't see anything on Google)

Any help will be appreciated!

Jeff Lahl
Project Director
Solar Electric Light Fund