[RE-wrenches] Inverter with two strings of different orientation

jay peltz jay at asis.com
Mon Dec 29 18:06:30 PST 2008

Hi Peter,

First,  a  possible way for you to confirm some answers in regards to
the 2 arrays.
set up two arrays in your yard, in whichever orientation you want.
Then hook up into 1 and then 2 inverters and see the wattage difference.
This would allow you to do lots of metering.

About the MPP in battery based, I don't have any data about the XW-
MPPT unit.
With the Outback one I have watched my 3 for long periods of time and
I can say they don't fluctuate outside of normal tracking and sunlight
variations.

Have you checked out Photon Mag.  They have been doing some great
testing of inverters.  Expensive mag, but worth it.

all the best,

jay

peltz power