[RE-wrenches] SS zip ties

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Thu Dec 11 18:29:54 PST 2008

Bill,

I am more in your camp.  SS ties look like cutting knifes to me.

A lot of the worry over plastic comes from the folks in New Mexico. What
they have there is a "parching" environment more that trouble with UV.

I use the Panduit cable tie with the "-120" suffix, weather resistant nylon
12. Their data shows 12-15 year life expectancy.  Most of these ties are
actually protected from direct sunlight and weather, so I think they have a
fighting chance in most environments.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way