[RE-wrenches] Module Voltage Question for Off-Grid Designers

R. Walters walters at taosnet.com
Thu Dec 11 14:20:16 PST 2008

We end up doing a lot of off grid rewires, and one thing we do when
combining new and old modules is to use 2 controllers.
We'll put the odd, old mismatched stuff on a used C40, and put the
new modules on the MX60.
Every salvage module in the world has ended up here in Taos, and many
have no documentation to even try to match them to new modules.
We still try and stock 12 v modules, but my store room has ended up
with a real hodgepodge of singles.
We only sell 4 or 5 a year, so nostalgia aside, I'm considering
finally dropping 12 v.

R. Walters
Solarray.com
NABCEP # 04170442