[RE-wrenches] Square D 225A load center

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Thu Dec 4 19:21:21 PST 2008

Almost right Christopher.  NEC 705.12(2) allows the ratings of the
overcurrent devices supplying power to the bus bar to be 120% of the
busbar rating.  For a 225-amp busbar that amounts to 270 amps.  So a
200-amp main breaker and a 70-amp back fed breaker from the solar
system.  Or a 225-amp main breaker and a 45-amp back fed breaker from
the solar system.