[RE-wrenches] Shoes

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Mon Nov 24 15:42:12 PST 2008

No problem from here at 18:40 Eastern.

-Glenn Burt

-----Original Message-----
From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Karl
Schwingel
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:29 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Shoes

Is everyone else not able to access the solarprofessional.com website, or
just me?

great magazine for the professional solar industry.

Karl

David Brearley wrote:
> Wrenches,
>
> Our neighborhood in Austin, TX was hit by an epic hail storm in the
> spring. A lot of roofs in the neighborhood were replaced afterwards.
> Our roof is just being replaced today. I thought I'd share a relevant
> & unsolicited product endorsement from our roofing contractor.
>
> His whole crew is wearing Cougar Paws, which have replaceable rubber
> soles. The rubber soles are very soft in order to provide good
> traction on steep roofs w/out tearing up the roofing, esp. asphalt
> shingles. The shoes themselves are built to last and the soles attach
> to the boot using Velcro. Working 100% on residential re-roofs, mostly
> comp shingle, these guys are going through one $15.00 sole per person
> per month. His company buys the shoes, but the crew has to buy their
> own replacement soles.
>
> Seems like a smart shoe for working on roofs.
>
> David Brearley, Technical Editor
> /SolarPro/ magazine
> NABCEP Certified PV Installer T
> david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
> Direct: 541.261.6545
> Fax: 541.512.0343
> *
> *Visit our Web site at solarprofessional.com
>
> On 11/23/08 1:15 PM, "Paul Israel" <paul at sunlightsolar.com> wrote:
>
>     RE Wrenches,
>
>     In regards to shoes we have been testing the Cougerpaws with some
>     of our installers and sales folks*,
>     *http://www.cougarpaws.com/html/about.html
>     <http://www.cougarpaws.com/html/about.html> . So far I have thumbs
>     up.
>
>     Previous to that we required Vans, as they are "grippy" but not
>     aggressive. They were suggested by roofers after some very hot
>     days. We also use a product called the Spaghetti Mat to help
>     protect the roof.
>

>     Paul N. Israel, President
>     paul at sunlightsolar.com
>     www.sunlightsolar.com <http://www.sunlightsolar.com/>
>     541/389-3480 (Oregon)
>     203/878-9123 x103 (CT)
>     860/617-6527 (Cell)

>     List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>     Options & settings:

>     List rules & etiquette:
>     www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
>     Check out participant bios:
>     www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

Karl Schwingel
NABCEP Certified Solar Thermal Installer NorthWind Renewable Energy LLC

PO Box 723 Stevens Point, WI 54481
Karl at Northwindre.com
Cell: 715 209 0446
Fax : 715 952 4501

This e-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above, and may contain information that is privileged or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in
error, or are not a named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your
computer. Thank you.