[RE-wrenches] Shoes

Eric Andrews eric at ecosolarnow.com
Thu Nov 20 14:01:03 PST 2008

We really like Keen's. They flex well when kneeling on your knees, rubber
soles and toe box are as forgiving as can be expected on comp roofs,
Gortex(we're in snow country and yes I occasionally have to remove snow to
install) and a U.S. and Green! Company.  Got 2 yrs. out of my last pair.
Heck, I should be selling these things.

My felt bottom fishing boots are way stiff.   can't imagine a day in those
things.

Eric R. Andrews
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Any thoughts on the best type of shoe for working on comp shingle roof?
Good traction, least wear and tear on shingles?
Has anyone tried a felt soled fishing boot?

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way
Nevada City,  CA 95959