[RE-wrenches] tankless hot water and pumping question

Jonathan Hill solarjon at sierrasolar.com
Thu Nov 13 19:50:30 PST 2008

Todd-
We've used the Flojet 24 volt quad pump, or a Flowlight Booster pump
for longer life. The tankless water heater you want is the Aquastar
1600H. Contact me for more info.
Jon Hill
Sierra Solar Systems

On Nov 13, 2008, at 5:58 PM, Todd Cory wrote:

> I am working on a semi-volunteer job for a local non-profit. It is
> off grid with water being trucked in and stored in a ground level
> polyethylene tank.
>
> I need recommendations for:
>
> 1) A 24 volt DC pressure pump. This is a single residence so can be
> relatively low volume as it will only feed a shower or sink... no
> irrigation.
>
> as well as
>
> 2) Which tankless (propane) hot water heater would be best? I think
> there is one that uses the water flow to spin a tiny generator that
> ignites the burner. Being off grid it is important to not have a
> unit that draws power 24/7.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd
> --
> Todd Cory
> KE6SXS
> toddcory at finestplanet.com
> Mt. Shasta Energy Services
> License C-10  #811428
> P.O. Box 689
> Mt. Shasta, CA. 96067
> (530) 926-1079

Jonathan Hill, solar applications engineer
Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Celebrating our 28th year in solar!
Voted Best Solar Company for 2007 by the readers of the Grass Valley
Union
tech info and foreign orders:  (530) 273-6754
order line: (888) ON-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:solarjon at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>
Check out our new 2 minute video at: http://www.sierrasolar.com/articles.php?article_id=42