[RE-wrenches] Need help to get power torque wrench

Jeff Clearwater, Village Power Design jeffc at villagepower.com
Wed Nov 12 16:43:14 PST 2008

Hey Darryl,

I agree with Jason.  We've done some commercial S5 systems and we
pre-tighten with a cordless driver and then two guys follow with a
couple of manual torque wrenches  - it takes but a few seconds to
turn the final 1/2 turn to the right torque - felt and confirmed by
human feel and eyes.  We used digital beeping torque wrenches for a
while but they would eventually fail.  Our tool of choice now is a
1/4" drive hand held good - ole "click" type torque wrench.  Worth
the very little bit of extra time in my book to know it's done right.

Jeff Clearwater
NorthEast Solar/Village Power Design

--
Jeff Clearwater