[RE-wrenches] SW inverter matching

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Sep 24 20:47:22 PDT 2008

William,
While it will work, the only big reason to do it is for 240V loads. With
your experience, I suspect that you know this. The penalty is 32W idle, and
both inverters shut off if one overloads.
Some years ago we did a large GTWB system with a 4048 and a 5548 that were
not stacked, but served separate 120V circuits. This design approach was
based on the higher surge of the 4048 for background motor loads and the
5548 for most circuits. It has worked well.
Allan at Positive Energy