[RE-wrenches] S5 Clamps

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 18 18:54:01 PDT 2008

Hello Matt,

Your detailed postings are great. I did a some Uni-Solar standing-seam solar
roof systems on new construction about 12 years ago when Uni-Solar was
factory laminating the panels. Lessons learned. Shipping wooden crates of
McElroy Medallion-Lok roofing from Michigan was way too expensive back in
pre peel-and-stick days. Roof panel clips are pretty flimsy so use extra
care and extra clips when installing roof panels. Fastening clips to metal
purlins with self-tapping screws requires skill and quality control to avoid
stripping out the screw holes. Installers should always test their mount
fasteners by trying to rip the fasteners out of or off of the roof, wall,
etc.

Joel