[RE-wrenches] trouble shooting system with Sun Tie

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Mon Sep 15 12:11:55 PDT 2008

Hi Dana,

A few points on the venerable Suntie -  we never had a recall on any of
the Sunties, but instead a voluntary exchange program. If a customer
contacted us with a problem, we would replace the unit, but
unfortunately that program ended over 4 years ago.

What we can offer now is as you describe, you can get a heavily
discounted GT 2.8 with a full 10 yr warranty for $999. This works well
for most arrays that can be wired in strings with high enough voltage
for the GT's, but there will be some cases where the array is of a size
that does not allow this. I am sorry to hear your array may fall in this
category...but bear in mind the GT will work well right down to the
bottom end of its tracking window.

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark Edmunds