[RE-wrenches] S5 Clamps

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 10:55:14 PDT 2008

Michael and Joel,

There are much bigger structural issues with using rails with S-5! clamps
than to connect them directly to module frame. That is because a rail allows
you to make fewer connections to the seams, and that does not necessarily
jive with the strength of the roof connections that the S-5! is relying
upon. After discussing these issues with the owner of S-5!, I believe that
rails are a waste of money and that connections should be on every seam in
high wind locations (above 100 mph) and every other seam for lower wind
locations.

Bill.