[RE-wrenches] Unistrut

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 06:44:32 PDT 2008

SunEarth Inc http://www.sunearthinc.com/mounting_comprail.htm sells an aluminum strut material in the 1 5/8" or 2 1/2" height and either with a clear or black anodized finish. They come in lengths up to 240".
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
817.917.0527
ntrei at earthlink.net
www.ntrei.com

Green is the New Red, White, and Blue
Thomas L. Friedman

     2 quick questions regarding the building of a unistrut sub-frame:

     1) Do you agree that the "Green-galv" is the most corrosion resistant
     unistrut finish?

     and

     2) Should I use a thin piece of EPDM membrane between the aluminum L-feet
     and the strut to prevent galvanic erosion over the long term?

     Many thanks,

     Drew

  --
  "Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

  ~William McDonough

  List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

  Options & settings:

  List rules & etiquette: