[RE-wrenches] Actual losses from dissimilar orientations on single inverter

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 09:09:39 PDT 2008

Hi all
There are a couple of principals here
1) NEVER NEVER PUT TWO STRINGS OF DIFFERENT ORIENTATION IN SERIES!!
2)The currents are dependent upon irradiance, which varies greatly.
3) The voltage and the Vmp is rather close for varying irradiance, and therefore if forced non coincident orientation in parallel is not so great.  In that the currents will add and both strings will be near MPP.
4) of course the caveats that parallel strings must always be of the same modules and same count.
Darryl