[RE-wrenches] Followup to Surrette Battery Question

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 14:55:57 PDT 2008

jus to add my two cents worth, in Minnesota, all well water is at saturation with Calicum Carbonate, and some at saturation with FeO? some wells have red rust such that the water comes from the tap red.  I thought all wells were like that.  When softened Calcium Carbonate ion exchanges to Na carbonate, such that you still have the ions, just different ones.

So I would never use anything but distilled water.  Some times water passed through a osmotic filter removes the ions, (not carbon dioxide or methane) thus perhaps deionized water has be osmotic filtered.

Darryl,