[RE-wrenches] 48 VDC to 24 VDC converter

R. Walters walters at taosnet.com
Tue Aug 26 06:56:12 PDT 2008

Any chance of getting power directly from the batteries back out to
the tracker? Then you could use Solar Converter's DC to DC unit. I
found the Wattsun trackers worked a lot better when powered from the
battery.
The evening reset to the east will get you noticeably more energy.

Ray

On Aug 25, 2008, at 8:47 PM, Todd Cory wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> I am needing a 48 VDC to 24 VDC converter to power one of my home
> system's tracker. The ones supplied by array technology are
> suspect. The DC input voltage can go as high as 60 volts when
> equalizing and the tracker control can take up to around 35 volts
> or so. I believe I am needing around 5 amps of supply current. What
> do folks recommend for this application?
>
> Thanks,

> List rules & etiquette:

R. Walters
Solarray.com