[RE-wrenches] Imbalanced Legs in 3-Phase systems

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 17:31:58 PDT 2008

I have heard the 6kW imbalance rule.  However when I spoke with the area Engineer from the Utility, he said he would not be at all concerned with 10% imbalance. in fact unless I was to exceed 20% not to worry.  The system was a 800 amp 480 volt.  He of course said my concern is more where I feed the panel to connect.  Which is the concern of the electrical inspector.
Darryl