Surrette was HUP was IBE [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mon Jul 14 16:59:06 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

I am beta testing a set of Surrette L-16 lead calcium batteries here on
my home grid tie/w battery back up system. Lead calcium batteries are
designed for float service rather than lead antimony which is designed
for cycling. They use next to no water, have low self discharge rates,
rarely need equalizing and should easily last 20 years. I have had these
in service for a month now and they seem to be doing fine. Once the beta
testing is over - IMO this will be THE battery for backup grid tie systems.

We had a set of C&D lead calcium batteries at the hydro facility I work
at. They were 20 years old when we replaced them as their "rated service
life" was up. They are now installed in my greenhouse's small system and
still going strong.

Todd

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php