Non-electric horse waterers [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 6 08:45:56 PDT 2008

I got this one direct from a 3rd generation rancher in Montana. Says it's
worked for him and his daddy down to about -20F. Dig a 10' to 12' deep hole,
stand a 2' culvert in the hole vertically. Place the standard galvanized
stock tank directly on the top of the culvert. Berm up the sides of the
water tank with the leftover dirt. He's said on really cold days (by Montana
standards), he'd have to break ice around the edges, but they're always
ice-free in the center. Simple solution, and no power or petroleum required.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt