Non Linear Loading Gen Sets [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Mon Jun 30 17:22:29 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

All of this depends on the particular charger design.  Power Factor Corrected (PFC) power supplies are becoming more common these days.

Good gensets are built with oversized alternator ends (a 90 kW genset we recently installed used a 125 kW continuous rated alternator.)  If you expect predominantly nonlinear loads you can actually have the alternator pitched to accommodate those (similar to specifying a K-factor transformer.)

.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com