Bizarre clock behavior [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Fri Apr 18 07:47:21 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

I doubt it would be a voltage fluctuation, since those happen all the time
on the utility side for various reasons.  Maybe the clock is synchronizing
to zero crossings of the AC line voltage waveform, and that particular
clock doesn't filter the AC as well as most, so a small amount of
electrical hash induced on the line by the inverter is generating enough
multiple zero crossings to throw things off.

Just a semi-educated guess.  If you've got a cheap line filter available,
you could try that out.  Probably just as inexpensive to get a new clock.

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com