'08 PV labels [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Wed Apr 16 18:03:41 PDT 2008

<x-flowed>

Hi Ben;

We did our own tests and research last year. We found an outdoor
sticker that is Laser printable that seems to hold up to our UV
radiation (7000 ft elevation) from www.online labels.com
We tried white and metallic silver, seems we had a bit of trouble
with the silver jamming in the printer.
We've had them out for about a year, but I can't tell you what
they'll look like in 10. (faded, peeling off, ?)
Ask for the free sample pack. They were quite generous.

Ray Walters

On Apr 16, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Ben Root wrote:

> Hi Wrenches,
>
> If, through discussion on this forum, you all can come up with a
> wish-list for a label package, I am willing to help put together a
> label kit. think about:
>
> Wording (for common situations);
> Variations on wording (to fit less typical situations);
> Sizes (to fit common equipment); and
> Other variables that would effect the usability of a sticker set.
>
> I can do the research on weather resistance (water, UV and time)
> for sticker stock, printing, and of course, design.
>
> I'm interested in your preferences for clear vs. white (or
> something else like "danger" red)? What do you know about code
> requirements for type style and size (or I can look into that)?
> Legal and code required wording as well as preferred or additional
> wording?
>
> Basically what would the ideal RE equipment sticker kit look like
> to you? Or, what about adhesive-backed engraved plastic signs? Any
> other formats?
>
> Ben
>
> PS I will look into this as an independent, not as a representative
> for Home Power.
>
>> Wrenches-
>>
>> What are installers doing to meet the updated system labeling
>> requirements?
>> I am looking for a source (graphic art, printer, solar distrib.)
>> that has PV
>> system labels (decals or plaques) that meet the updated '08 NEC.
>> This would
>> include the two labels on the dc disc, main serv. panel labels and
>> the
>> required label at the front of an off-grid home that directs
>> emerg. persons
>> to the disconnect location.
>>
>> Or, are most installers making their own?
>>
>> Eric R. Andrews
>>
>> Eco Solar, Inc.
>> www.ecosolarnow.com
>>
>> PO Box 5194
>> Klamath Falls, OR 97601
>> 541-281-8252
>>  <mailto:eric at ecosolarnow.com> mailto:eric at ecosolarnow.com
>>
>> Saving the World...  One Solar Panel at a Time!
>>

> --
>
> Benjamin M. Root
> Art Director, Home Power Magazine
> mailto:ben.root at homepower.com
>
> 108 S Pioneer St., Ashland, OR 97520
> Phone/Fax: 541-488-4517
>
> Subscriptions and Ordering: 800-707-6585
> Web: http://www.homepower.com
>

> - - - -
> Hosted by Home Power magazine

> Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-