Solar City model [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Mon Apr 14 15:04:50 PDT 2008

I think that I understand what Solar City is doing as far as their new
leasing program for homeowners.  What's not clear to me is how they're
getting away with it. Beyond getting the rebate/buy-down money in states
that offer such programs (perfectly legit), they appear to be aggregating
all of those installed residential PV kWs and going for the 30 percent
Federal ITC for commercial systems.  This appears to me to be against the
spirit, if not letter, of the IRS rulings on cases like this.  That is,
Solar City is in fact claiming the commercial ITC credit for residential
projects.  Am I missing something here?

Marco

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php