Solar City model [RE-wrenches]

solarpro at aol.com solarpro at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 18:14:47 PDT 2008

CA Wrenches:

Lyndon's own words betray the problem with this approach:

" We're able to capitalize on the commercial tax credits that residents
aren't able to capitalize on."

Once the IRS discovers that homeowners are deriving the benefit of a
commercial lease by reduced monthly payments, I predict that this model will  come to
a screeching halt in tax court, leaving investors and lease holders  alike
holding the bag.  The end use of the system determines its  tax treatment, as
defined by tax code. If it did not, I could  incorporate my dog and depreciate
his bones.

This approach did not work in the eighties, for the same reason.

Just a thought from a solar old-timer,.

Patrick A. Redgate
AMECO

In a message dated 4/11/2008 5:58:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,