Misleading fault indications [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Mar 5 00:02:37 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Mark:

I do not know the value or wattage of the resistor, but I'd hazard to guess
that this resistor is not going to trip the 175 amp inverter breaker, so,
yes, the breaker tripping or plain being opened manually un-bonds the
entire DC power system.  This is precisely what gives me the creeps about
this whole concept.

Does anyone have the value of that component?

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com