Grounding screw requirement [RE-wrenches]

Mike Bernhard spaight12 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 23 06:40:09 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

The 2008 code in ART 250.8 effectively addresses this issue.  250.8
Connection of Grounding and Bonding Equipment (A) Permitted Methods (5)
Machine screw type fasteners that engage not less than two threads or are
secured with a nut.  (6) Thread forming machine screws that engage not less
than two threads in the enclosure.
Yes, this is new.  Yes it has been a generally accepted standard for some
time.
At full Spectrum Solar we have virtually no issues with inspectors.
We actively engage them in discussion BEFORE we start a system in their
jurisdiction and can usually work out any discrepencies between what they
think and what we think.
Mike Bernhard
Master Electrician
Full Spectrum Solar