trojan battery cycle [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Thu Feb 14 11:22:25 PST 2008

Yes. We have come to the same conclusion. In the best case system with a
C/10 charge rate (or even close to C/5 under generator charging) the 2 hr
absorb rate can be OK. But with most of the systems in actual real world
conditions we do find that the 3 hr absorb and EQ durations are the
preferred settings.

Dave

<<
I have been monitoring a 1 year old set of IBE 85N-33 batteries in a quad
stack Outback system we installed.  With factory settings for EQ duration,
the bank EQs in 2.5 hours and leaves the specific gravity well below full
charge.  We are now setting the EQ and the absorption duration for minimum
3.0 hours for L-16 systems, and we will longer for large form batteries.

Has anyone else monitored short charge durations for the EQ and absorption
on Outback equipment?

William Miller >>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php