M-C branch plugs: Legal? Safe? [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Mon Feb 4 08:54:25 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Mark, Mick:

The SMA white paper on allowable string quantities is on my web site at
this link:

http://mpandc.com/resources/resources.html

Note however, that the logic presented in this paper hinges on proof that
the destination device for your PV (inverter, charge controller, battery
bank or whatever is applicable) can not possibly contribute to short
circuit current through the modules.  This is a key point.

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com