Down-sizing battery systems [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 20:13:24 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

In 1998 a lot (perhaps as many as 20%) of California Energy Commission
Emerging Renewables rebate net metered PV systems were owner-installed
battery systems with Trace/Xantrex SW-series inverters. Now almost all
California Solar Initiative PV systems are non-battery and contractor
installed. The 1500-watt Siemens array and Sunny Boy inverter that I added
to my home last July was the first owner-installed CSI rebate system in
Southern California Edison territory. California urban and suburban
residential PV is now like the residential HVAC business - salespeople sell
it and licensed contractors install it.

Battery guys stay young by avoiding deep discharges and equalizing
regularly.

Joel Davidson