Another "Pie-In-The-Sky" wind turbine? [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Jan 24 10:56:45 PST 2008

<x-flowed>

Hi Larry,

I called the guy who runs this outfit, and came away with the distinct
impression that he really doesn't completely understand what "producing
power" means. He has no charge controller that currently functions, is
working with some kind of battery that he doesn't have all the details
on, thinks that his machine is the only one that has an axial-flux
alternator, uses aluminum blades with no overspeed control other than
electrical, and is generally ignorant of other turbines technological
features.

He definately doesn't get it that in order to produce energy, you have
to overcome a specific battery voltage, not simply make voltage. There
are no power curves. I would steer clear of this thing for at least a year.

Matt T

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com