Evolution of the Quick connect [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Tue Jan 8 08:58:18 PST 2008

Yeah, I think that we're in for bumpy air ahead as module manufacturers
shift over to the gen II locking connectors.  Plus now that Tyco is giving
Multi-Contact some competition, it's conceivable that one will need three or
four sets of expensive tools for all dem different connectors.

Marco
ProVision

Friends:

I need to gear up for the quick connects on the Solar World modules.  I was
told by SW that the MC Generation 4 now used is the connector SW will
continue to use forever and that it meets the "audible click" requirement
soon to be implemented by regulating agencies.

MC told me there is no such thing as a Gen 4 connector and that SW is using
Gen 2.

At the Long Beach show, the Tyco rep told me that the next code revision
will mandate connectors that require a tool to disconnect the mating pairs.

Have any of you researched these contentions?  What are the rest of you
doing to prepare for future connectors?

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php