[RE-wrenches] Outback VFX input voltage cycling

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 10:43:22 PST 2008

HI all and Ron
In my previous post I said the inverter FET board, I am wrong, it would have to be the AC board or the generator is running out of frequency spec.

Place a load on the generator, so it runs in power note idle, use your meter to measure the generator frequency, set the inverter to not charge, have no load on the output of the inverter, Try as you have done.  The inverter should connect offering very little load.  If the same effect, measure the surge current to the inverter using your meter.  I think the surge should be very minimul.

Darryl