[RE-wrenches] Inverter with two strings of different orientation

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Mon Dec 29 10:39:26 PST 2008

Peter,

What are you modelling for annualized soiling loss?  What is the basis for
that value, margin of error? With industry standards for soiling in the
range 5 to 7%, are you not seeing the forrest for the trees, looking so
closely at effects of multiple orientations of separate strings.

Go with the Fronius White paper: one inverter, multiple strings, all modules
in any given string with the same orientation. If you must, throw a number
at the orientation loss, but how meaningful will it be in the overall
picture?

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way