[RE-wrenches] CFL lighting and the mercury hazard.

Chris Daum chris at OasisMontana.com
Tue Dec 9 18:14:34 PST 2008

Hi Folks:

Yes, my experience is very similar.  My earliest CFs were from Panisonic
(perhaps made in Singapore?) that I bought in the early nineties.  They all
died in the past 18 months or so; my Home Despot replacements (since I have
built an office and added more) are burning out within about 2-4 years.
Sad, sad, sad....  but we can only do the best with what we have.

A couple years ago at Solwest (in John Day, OR), there was a booth there
selling AC LEDs.  They were quite expensive.....but I suspect it will be as
CF's were nearly 20 years ago.  Ya gotta spend money on the technology if
you want it to go on.

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.
406-777-4309