[RE-wrenches] CFL lighting and the mercury hazard.

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 9 16:31:46 PST 2008

Dan,

Thanks for reminding wrenches that LEDs are not more efficient than
fluorescents. On the other hand, humans do not perceived light like sound so
sometimes LEDs seem brighter (more lumens per watt) than other light
sources. Our ears tell our brains fairly well if a sound is louder (more
decibels), but our eyes do not accurately tell us if a light is brighter
(lux or lumen). Like beauty, good lighting is often in the eyes of the
beholder.

Question: where can I buy the most energy efficient DC Christmas lights?

Happy Holidays!
Joel Davidson