[RE-wrenches] CFL lighting and the mercury hazzard.

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Tue Dec 9 12:09:33 PST 2008

Carl is correct. I would add two thoughts. We have been buying CFLs from
Home Depot, Ikea and we have been getting freebies from the Los Angels
Department of Water and Power. Both the Ikea and freebies fail in 1-2 years,
so the story about 5-7 years life is a WAG. Second, let's all hold our
collective breath: LEDs will rule the illumination market fairly soon just
as they have conquered the indication market for many years now. It would be
great if anyone has accumulated some lifetime statistics on LED lighting.

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com

  _____