[RE-wrenches] building permits for PV

Paul Israel paul at sunlightsolar.com
Tue Dec 9 08:11:10 PST 2008

Dana,

Firstly we all truly sympathize, I have never heard of that one!

Not one building department - has required that.  We have installed in
Oregon, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Reno - Nevada, and Massachusetts.

We are inspected consistently for concrete pours (rebar/pads/ground
mounts/pole mounts).  For most roofs in CT we are usually required to have
an Engineers Stamp for the layout relative to the rafter loading.   It
depends on the jurisdiction or whether they had their coffee.  It is random.

I would try and push the manufacturer's installation instructions or get a
local engineering stamp on the layout as an alternative.

On a lighter note, make sure to leave some exposed wet caulk.   After
messing up their car, paperwork, and a couple layers of skin they surely
won't want to do that again.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Paul N. Israel, President

 <mailto:paul at sunlightsolar.com> paul at sunlightsolar.com

 <http://www.sunlightsolar.com/> www.sunlightsolar.com

541/389-3480 (Oregon)