[RE-wrenches] SDHW and Tankless Heaters

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Sun Dec 7 15:02:11 PST 2008

We do a few SDHW systems and only for customers that purchase a PV system
from us and want SDHW as well. We want to recommend a tankless heater where
it makes sense (very old gas hot water heater or we need the space to swap
out the existing gas water heater for the solar storage tank, new
construction, etc.).

I went to a seminar on the subject a few years ago and one of the key issues
was choosing a tankless heater that “modulates on input water temperature”.
The only one I was aware of at the time was a small Bosch system with ½ Cu
lines. Are there big fellows that “modulates on input water temperature” and
could someone recommend one?

- Peter

Peter T. Parrish, President
California Solar Engineering, Inc.
820 Cynthia Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90065
Ph 323-258-8883, Mobile 323-839-6108, Fax 323-258-8885
CA Lic. 854779, NABCEP Cert. 031806-26
peter.parrish at calsolareng.com