[RE-wrenches] Problems with the Xantrex XW6048

Jon Haeme jjhaeme at stelle.net
Sat Nov 29 07:01:58 PST 2008

I would check to see if the home owner has added any loads to those
circuits. The system status screen does show the loads being used .

I have noticed the fluctuation of the AC1 watts and the load watts
also . I have a 1 KW PV array and a 2.5 KW wind turbine running
through a XW6048. The wind turbine fluctuates naturally anyway so I
haven't been overly concerned. You will also have to figure for
battery charging loses as the charge control is floating the batteries.

Aside from a replacing a smoked board in the XW 6048 a few months
after installing, I have been happy with it.  It is a big improvement
over the SW series inverters it replaced. Being able to swap out
boards without removing it from the wall and sending to a repair
center is a relief.
Though it would be nice not to have to repair anything in the first
place.

Jon

Jon Haeme Innovations
NABCEP certified solar PV installer  # 102503-19
Kempton, IL