[RE-wrenches] Shoes

David Brearley david.brearley at solarprofessional.com
Mon Nov 24 09:44:05 PST 2008

Wrenches,

Our neighborhood in Austin, TX was hit by an epic hail storm in the spring.
A lot of roofs in the neighborhood were replaced afterwards. Our roof is
just being replaced today. I thought I¹d share a relevant & unsolicited
product endorsement from our roofing contractor.

His whole crew is wearing Cougar Paws, which have replaceable rubber soles.
The rubber soles are very soft in order to provide good traction on steep
roofs w/out tearing up the roofing, esp. asphalt shingles. The shoes
themselves are built to last and the soles attach to the boot using Velcro.
Working 100% on residential re-roofs, mostly comp shingle, these guys are
going through one $15.00 sole per person per month. His company buys the
shoes, but the crew has to buy their own replacement soles.

Seems like a smart shoe for working on roofs.

David Brearley, Technical Editor
SolarPro magazine
NABCEP Certified PV Installer 
david.brearley at solarprofessional.com